English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches

 Breakfast sandwiches are one of my favorite meal preps.  My husband has been eating this sandwich (or a similar variation) for nearly five years now.  Using fresh English muffins is awesome but they're wonderful with store-bought as well.


English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches

12 English muffins
12 large eggs
12 slices of cheddar cheese
12 slices Canadian bacon
12 sandwich baggies

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Using cooking spray, spray each well in a muffin top pan or muffin tin.  Crack an egg into each slot.  Bake for 7 minutes and remove immediately from the pan for runny yolks or 8-9 minutes for harder yolks.  Repeat until all 12 eggs have been cooked.

Cut each English Muffin down the middle.  Place a piece of cheese, Canadian bacon and egg in each muffin.  Place each muffin in a sandwich baggie.  

To heat:  microwave on high for 45 seconds if thawed or 1 minute if frozen.



Tips and Tricks

#1: The sandwiches will keep fresh in the fridge for a few days.  I usually keep up to 5 days worth in the fridge at a time and freeze the rest.  I recommend thawing overnight in the fridge so the sandwich heats more evenly in the morning.

#2:  I really enjoy using this muffin top pan (I have two of them) to make my eggs in the oven.  A regular muffin tin will work but this pan is a little larger and will fit up to the sandwich thin rounds.  I have had these pans for several years and they have really stood the test of time.  I even throw them in the dishwasher.

Find it on Amazon


As an Amazon Associate, I can earn a commission for your purchase.  Purchasing through this link doesn't cost you any more but helps keep this blog running!


Comments

Popular Posts