Broccoli Tomato Egg White Frittata

 I recently decided to try to swap to egg whites from regular eggs when making some of my normal breakfasts.  I found a large multi-pack at Sam's Club and have been substituting them in when I can.  This frittata is simple but not lacking in flavor.


Broccoli Tomato Egg White Frittata

10 oz liquid egg whites
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 cup broccoli
1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Layer a rectangular pan by placing the broccoli first, followed by the tomato then the mozzarella.  Shake the liquid egg whites and then pour over the top.  Bake 45 minutes or until the egg has set.

Tips and Tricks

#1:  Egg whites seem to cook faster than using whole eggs.

#2:  I did not spray our cast iron casserole pan with cooking spray first; however, you can definitely do so if your pan has a tendency to stick.

Comments

Popular Posts