White Bean Tuna Salad

 This dish is seriously my new favorite lunch.  I can make it ahead for the week and just add to my salad greens when I'm ready for lunch.  I love that the typical noodles in a tuna salad are replaced with a healthier garbanzo bean.

White Bean Tuna Salad

2 cans tuna, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can cannellini beans, drained
1/2 red onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 cucumber, diced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Best if served chilled.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve over salad greens.

Tips and Tricks

#1:  If you are feeling a little hungrier, this dish also works really well inside a wrap.

#2:  This makes a big batch.  I like the small deli containers from Gordon Food Service to section into portions.

Comments

Popular Posts